Donna's Pediatric Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy for Children
Serving Mercer County, NJ area since
children 18 and under
Licensed and Insured
are trained to assist people in performing functional tasks that
normally occupy their lives. The "occupation" of a child is to develop the
skills necessary to become functional, and independent adults.
1. Regulation of arousal level in order to participate in
2. Refinement of sensory discrimination and processing.
3. Continual refinement and development of gross and fine motor skills.
4. Development of communication skills.
5. Appropriate social interactions.
6. Language and cognitive skills.
7. Age appropriate self care skills.
8. Self concept.
The expectations for the level of
development of any of these skills will vary depending on the child's age.
It is critical to remember that all of these skills are developing simultaneously. Impairment of one area, is likely to delay development
in other areas. Play is the media most often used in the Occupational
Therapist's treatment of children. It is highly motivating and a natural
media used by all children. Education and involvement of the family
is usually a primary consideration, and may be critical to success.
Diagnosis may include, but not limited to:
Autism Spectrum Disorder
Sensory Integration Dysfunction
Attention Deficit Disorders ADD/ADHD
Your child will be treated in the most loving,
and familiar environment.....your home
Click on the
INFO Page for rates, services, and additional